The Quinta de Ramozeiros Red Grand Reserve 2015 (RZ) has a beautiful intense dark ruby colour. Under eye scrutiny it is a pleasure. You see its volume, its depth, its unctuosity…There’s a beautiful wide sense of ripe red fruit and jam notes, in the end a light toast of the barrel, when you bring it to your nose. And in your mouth it shows a very complex powerful structure where the ripe red fruit is pretty obvious together with strong polished tannins , yet tending to be more and more erased for the next years. It reveals a well integrated French oak, it´s definitely a balanced wine, with a full and persistent taste and aftertaste. No residual sugar, it´s a dry wine that will last for more than 10 years.
It’s a perfect match for dishes of meat, roasts, stews and grills of lamb, of pork ,of any other meat or even salted cod, in general for well-seasoned meat, which should also be nicely cooked with the expertise of a chef..
- Douro Valley.
- Cima Corgo.
- Production Zone
- Vineyard area
- Type of Soil
- Vineyard Height
- 300/400 mts.
- Grape Varieties
- Touriga Franca (60%), Touriga Nacional (30%) and mix of very old grapes from “vinha velha” (10%).
- Total destemming. Fermentation in stone lagar for 7 days and in stainless steel vat or 10 days. Malolactic in stainless steel vat.
- 3.015 bottles (750 ml).
- 95 % in French oak barrels and 5% in American oak barrels for 16 months.
- Bottling Date
- July 2012.
- Alcohol (%)
- Ageieng Curve
- From the organoleptic characteristics of this wine, we predict a very positive evolution in bottle for 10/12 years.
- Cellar Favorable Conditions
- 70% Humidity and 14º/16º in temperature.
- How to Serve
- Decant 1 hour prior to serving so that the wine can “open and breathe” and serve it at 16º/18º C.
- 6x750 ml card boxes.